[mendicant-community] Mendicant's Aging Technical Infrastructure

Jordan Byron jordan.byron at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 05:18:33 PST 2013

It's no secret that I've wanted to see PuzzleNode find a life beyond Mendicant and I am really glad to see an upswell of support for the project. The first order of business is getting the project setup on another server. Heroku seems like the best fit mostly because it's free. However PuzzleNode would have to be tweaked to work on Heroku:

- File uploads moved to another server. I would be more than happy to donate an S3 bucket for this
- Configuration files converted to use environment variables
- This third bullet point because you need at least three things to make a list like this!?

Once that is up and running I can easily restore the database to the new server and cut over the DNS.

Perhaps we should move this conversation over to PuzzleNode's GitHub issue tracker so this thread isn't hijacked. Whoever does that should just repost the link to this list so people can follow our conversation from the archives.

Thanks everyone!

Jordan