[mendicant-community] Gregory's vision for a new Mendicant University

Gregory Brown gregory at mendicantuniversity.org
Sun Jul 15 15:06:15 PDT 2012

Hi folks,

I guess this doesn't come as a surprise, but I'm unable to turn off the
part of me that thinks about this school. I've found myself to really
feel thankful for the homesteading effort, but at the same time, not
particularly thrilled with the plans it has come up with for moving the
school forward. Not being one to criticize without offering a possible
alternative, I wrote a very long post describing my ideas for what
Mendicant could become:

http://majesticseacreature.com/essays/2012/07/15/a-new-vision-for-a-new-mendicant.html

I'm going to do what I can to *NOT* be the one to implement these ideas,
and I trust this community to take them or leave them, because the
school is in your hands now. But hopefully they at least shake things up
a bit, and I'd love to hear your thoughts and would be happy to clarify
or expand upon anything you'd like me to.

-greg